1. Name and contact details of the party responsible for processing and the company data protection officer
This data protection & privacy information applies to data processing by:
Managing Director: Bernhard Reinert
Telephone: +49 7231-20 40 9 – 0
E-Mail: info @ br-connectors.de
The company data protection officer, Ms. Marika Reinert, can be reached at the above-mentioned address, or via e-mail at datenschutz @ br-connectors.de.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of its use
a) By using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, as well as your first name and family name, so that we know who the request came from and to be able to respond to it. Further information can be made on a voluntary basis. The data processing for the purpose of being in contact with us is in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR based on your voluntarily granted consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted after completion of your request, if no further contractual relationship has resulted from it.
b) No automated decision-making
Automated decision-making (including profiling) does not take place here.
3. Disclosure of data
Transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place. We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have given express consent to this pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- Disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- In the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation,
- This is legally permissible and, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR, is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
In the cookie, information is stored in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
Additionally, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or so that a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all the features of our website.
5. Analysis tools and plug-ins
a) Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called Web Fonts, provided by Google, for the uniform representation of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you use needs to connect to Google’s servers. As a result, Google learns that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a consistent and attractive presentation of our online services. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the purpose of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font will be used by your computer.
6. Rights of those affected
You have the right to:
- Request information (in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR) about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can be provided with information on processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the source of data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about details;
- Request the correction (in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR) of incorrect information or the completion of your personal data stored with us;
- Deletion (pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR) of your personal data stored with us, unless its processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To impose a restriction (pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR) on the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you assert this to exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- Transfer (pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR) your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request transmission to another responsible person;
- Revocation (pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR) of your once given consent. As a result, in the future, we will no longer be allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent;
- Complaint (in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR) with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters. Following is the URL of the Data Protection Authority of the State of Baden-Württemberg: https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de.
7. Right to object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation. In this case, we ask you to inform us of the reasons that exist from your perspective. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you compelling legitimate reasons for which we continue the processing. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to: datenschutz @ br-connectors.de.
8. Data security
a) Visits to the website
We use the commonly used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser. We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, against partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
b) Contact form / e-mail correspondence
Of course, the SSL process is also used when sending a message via the contact form to us, but no longer in response to you. If you provide an e-mail address when you visit our contact form, we assume that we may also reply to you by e-mail. If you are not in agreement with this, you must explicitly inform us.
If we receive an e-mail request from you, we also assume that we are entitled to answer the request by e-mail. If you are not in agreement with this, you must explicitly refer to another type of communication.
However, we expressly point out that correspondence by e-mail may be read by third parties. If you would like an encrypted e-mail correspondence with us, please contact us.